The weather is warming up and you need to find something to make sure you stay healthy and beautiful. This means nourishing your skin, which by the way is the largest organ found on our body. Our skin inhales everything and it sends it right to the blood stream. Therefore, we must be mindful of everything we put on our face and body. The body has some protection from our clothing but our face is our first line of defense from the climate we live in, which is why it is important to nourish and sustain healthy skin from the inside out.
Here are some tips that will make you look and feel great as well as heal from the sun this summer.
1. Hydrate – Drink plenty of pure clean water. I usually tell my clients to drink half their weight in ounces of water, more if they exercise in the sun.
2. Take a Probiotic; you must never underestimate the power of the gut to help keep you healthy. Probiotics are the friendly bacteria that is needed to keep your gut happy and healthy. A strong gut helps to regulate our immune system.
3. Eat a healthy diet of mostly raw foods, foods high in omega-3 fatty acids which produce a hydrating effect from the inside out, and antioxidants which help fight signs of aging.
4. Take great vitamins and minerals that are international grade as well as pharmaceutical grade. There are not many companies out there but there are at least four. Vitamins must have a high bioavailability in order to be completely absorbed in the gut. Choose a vitamin with at least 85% or above bioavailability.
5. Take a revitalizing bath – in cool to warm water, not hot! Organic salt baths are rejuvenating, and help dry skin to slough off. Stay away from hot water as it robs the skin of vital nutrients.
6. Moisturize your body daily with non-clogging organic moisturizers such as organic coconut oil. Coconut oil nourishes your skin and your hair instead of clogging it, as many toxin-impaired moisturizers do.
7. Drink organic green tea; drink it cold with a touch of cinnamon in it. Green tea is a natural antioxidant and it also enhances excess fluid loss from the body. Cinnamon is a natural anti-inflammatory and antibiotic. Making it a great drink to have in the summer.
8. Sweeten your drinks and food with only stevia, look for organic stevia. It is becoming very popular right now. Stay away from sugar as it robs the body and the skin of its natural processes. It will also add extra weight to your midsection which you do not want.
9. Cleanse your skin at night. It’s especially important to cleanse and moisturize before you go to bed at night, to remove impurities from your skin before your revitalizing sleep time. Just be sure your moisturizer isn’t tainted with toxins.
10. Get plenty of rest. Keep yourself on schedule, keep your circadian rhythm in flow and in check. This is the cycle that regulates our melatonin and our cortisol levels. Two vital hormones that the body produces to help keep us going.
Why do I stress organic so much? Because what you don’t know and what is hidden from you in some labels can hurt you. Be sure to check your products and buy organic as much as possible.